I went to see two shows at this year's New York Comedy Festival at the Beacon Theatre. (Bill Maher and Louis C.K., if you must know.) Sitting there waiting for the shows to start, it was interesting to see people sitting next to each other while texting, facebooking, or doing whatever else they were doing on their celphones. Not talking to one other. Ah to be alone with other people! No wonder 1 in 10 Americans are depressed. twitter, Facebook, social media=Social Isolation.

I loved what Louis C.K. said at the announcements before he started his performance. He reminded everyone not to tweet and to turn off their celphones, etc. He said something along the lines of "Just live your life. Stop telling everyone what you're doing." Well said, Louis.

(And yes, I am aware of the irony of posting this on a blog. I almost put it on Facebook, but I didn't want to cause an uproar among my FB friends who ARE telling people every detail of their lives.)

1 comments:

  1. Lynn said...

    Awesome! I'm totally reblogging what you said and link it on Facebook! :D  


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.