So I'm as old as Earth Day. I spent it by minimizing television viewing: I didn't even turn on the TVs at work. I also tried not to use plastic containers, but phooey on Panera who didn't have glasses for my iced green tea! (I ate in instead of take-out.) I try to limit my showers to 5 minutes. I lit candles last night instead of turning on the lights. No Facebook, no radio, no iPod, no cellphone or texting. It's amazing what you can get done in a day without all these distractions. And then today, I come back to Facebook to realize I didn't really miss much. We really do need to unplug. Wouldn't it be great to go off the grid?

0 comments:


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.