Thanks to GMA News live streaming, I was able to watch President Cory Aquino's funeral mass and the procession. I tried to stay up but couldn't do so past 130 AM. I cried so much, and was very moved by the mass of humanity who came out in the rain to say their goodbyes. When I woke up this morning, I read that it took 8 hours for the cortege to reach her final resting place, slowed down by the many mourners.

The death of Ninoy Aquino woke up the people in 1983. Let's hope the passing of his illustrious wife will again galvanize the Filipinos, especially with elections coming up next year. We have to believe and prove that we are, indeed, worth dying for.

(Photo from Time)

0 comments:


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.