Faced with a life-threatening situation, one's belief system is challenged almost immediately: Is there or isn't there a God? I have never doubted His existence. The universe, our world, our bodies are too intelligently designed to be random.

I've been going to a church near where I'm staying while I undergo treatment. I was pretty much a non-practicing Catholic. I didn't think you had to go to church to be a good person. One's life is the truer testament. I am not hypocritically trying to show my religiosity now, but it's been very comforting to come almost everyday.

Two weeks ago, I had a moment inside the church where I felt so sure I had been cured, and I was at peace. There still are times of doubt and fear, but for the most part, I am certain I am healed. Thank God for that moment of grace, and eventual surrender.

0 comments:


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.