5.22.2008 Thursday

Coleen, a tech woke me up around 330 AM to check vitals. My temperature was back to normal. She said I should watch TV to fall asleep. I had an idea that doc would be in around 5 like they always do so I stayed up. Can't remember if it's Dr. Hocking or Hockingson, young skinny nice doctor who's my 5 AM visitor. He took the dressings off and said I'm going home today. My hematocrit's still low but they think it's stable and I should recover quickly. He said Dr. Bruce will be in to talk to me about d/c, dressings, etc. The Hair Louisa! I wet my hair trying to untangle it and straighten it out until I remembered we weren't supposed to use the water. OT Heather came in to ask if I needed her. I said no so she was gonna call PT and tell her not to come. She just watched me walk, asked where I worked. She said she doesn't like outpatient because it's too busy. She asked if I liked it, how many patients I saw a day. I got my breakfast, eating more but still a little queasy. Hurts to chew, open my mouth. Oh and I noticed clicking noises on the surgical side, like pulsing. Felt weird laying on it without dressing. I met my last nurse Zelpher.

Sometime in the morning, Dr. Bruce came in to say I wasn't sick and I needed to get out of here. He said no dressings, may shower and wash hair tomorrow. No driving, and Maria the NP will write the scripts. So I just cleaned up, changed into regular clothes. I went on a long walk about. I even met a Pinoy nurse Renato. I sat and read newspapers for a bit. My nurse asked what time I was being picked up. I told her they're coming from CT and won't be in until at least noon. Lynn came with A. Des and K. Rene while Ces and Euge prepped their house for my arrival. I got my d/c papers at 3 PM. We left cookies and orange for the nurses. Had a wheelchair take me down to the lobby. Parang hotel! Nice hospital. They put me in the car and we drove home.

Ride was OK; we decided to pick up meds while still in NY so we went to Rite Aid Brewster. We had to wait 45 mins for it so they got food at JB's BBQ. I just tasted their food. We went back to the pharmacy...insurance problems because the prescription was from the city and not my primary doc. We were told to come back in 15 mins to try and go through my primary. Thank God they finally gave the meds. I told them to go pick up the kids and save them a trip. A bit of traffic on 84 as usual. But again, a rainbow sighting! Ces saw one one our way to Columbia too! I was feeling a little out of breath, started worrying about a blood clot. I was probably just tired. Got to Cecile's by 730 PM. Chatted for a while, watched the season enders of Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy. No Lost today! They just ordered pizza while Ces/Euge did a bit of shopping. Zack was so excited to see me but probably realized something was wrong when I wasn't as playful with him as I usually am.

I finally took a bath, but used the tabo! I was so short of breath. I retired after 10 PM after taking my meds and set my alarm for the 4 am dose. Ceciel got me comfy memory foam pillow for under the neck. I got confused with prescription. Zelpher gave me one tablet each for 4 PM and 10 PM doses. But pharmacy gave me smaller dose so I had to take 4 tablets at one time. Oh well. I can feel vibrations/clicking in my head. Great to be home!

Text messages: Never heard Charles so caring and comforting. From Charles-Meanwhile, pahinga ka muna and we're all glad you're OK :) Natural lang dami blood supply. Tumors behave like that. Now all you have to do is rest and recuperate. We'll worry about the histopath in around 7 days.

0 comments:


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.