Not quite two years ago, I went to the Medicaid office with Mum and Dad. I think Dad felt mortified that he was there asking for government assistance to pay for medical bills. He said words to the effect of, "puro mga bum naman mga kasama natin!" I immediately scolded him, afraid that people heard him. Of course he got upset and didn't think he did anything wrong.

Today I was sitting at the laundromat, and you see all sorts of characters in there. This older guy sat next to me, and he just reeked. Urine, what have you. I held my breath as much as I could, afraid to move, afraid to insult him, as if he could read my mind. I guess Dad was just verbalizing what we normally wouldn't express. Not saying it out loud didn't make my offense any less.

0 comments:


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.