"A better politics is one where we appeal to each other’s basic decency instead of our basest fears."

" I still believe that we are one people. I still believe that together, we can do great things, even when the odds are long."

 "I want our actions to tell every child, in every neighborhood: your life matters"

 "I have no more campaigns to run. I know because I won both of them"

 "We may go at it in campaign season, but surely we can agree that the right to vote is sacred."

"But surely we can understand a father who fears his son can’t walk home without being harassed. We can understand the wife who won’t rest until the police officer she married walks through the front door at the end of his shift"


"It’s possible to shape a law that upholds our tradition as a nation of laws and a nation of immigrants."

 "As Americans, we respect human dignity, even when we're threatened, which is why I've prohibited torture, and worked to make sure our use of new technology like drones is properly constrained. That’s why we defend free speech, and advocate for political prisoners, and condemn the persecution of women, or religious minorities, or people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender. We do these things not only because they're right, but because they make us safer."

 "I've heard some folks try to dodge the evidence by saying they're not scientists; that we don't have enough information to act. Well, I'm not a scientist, either. But you know what—I know a lot of really good scientists at NASA."

 Thank you, God bless you, and God bless this country we love."

0 comments:


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.