Another lovely dream where I was in England, perhaps even in the Regency Era. Methinks I've been watching too many period dramas. And TV shows set in Great Britain.

Almost finished shopping for my vacation next month.

It was unofficially Simon Pegg Day. I watched Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz last night before I went to see The World's End today.  Then it was too hot to stay home so I decided to re-watch Star Trek Into Darkness at the cheap movie house. So bonus Benedict Cumberbatch. Who really was excellent in that film. I got home and guess who was in Top Gear? Simon Pegg and Nick Frost when they were promoting Paul. What was showing after? Hot Fuzz. I flip through the channels and what do I find? JJ Abrams's Star Trek. Why do I like his movies so much? Because of the pop culture references, the satire/parody, the humor. And also because it's not just about zombies and aliens. It's always about family and friends. They're about loyalty, devotion, and love.

But on a serious note, reading this quote: 
“When another person makes you suffer, it is because he suffers deeply within himself, and his suffering is spilling over. He does not need punishment; he needs help. That's the message that he is sending.”
― Thich Nhat Hanh

0 comments:


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.