I was so incensed by a ditzy patient on Tuesday. First of all, she's a woman. Second of all, she's Asian-American. She said she doesn't understand why we celebrate Martin Luther King Day. All he was "was some guy who made a lot of ruckus." I was so stunned all I could say was "Do you really believe that?" She answered yes. I had to bite my tongue. All I really wanted was to tell her about the evils of slavery ( I had been watching The Abolitionists on PBS.), how women fought for suffrage, how women are still being oppressed worldwide, and how white males rule the world. No wonder this country is in such a state as this.

0 comments:


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.