Season 1 • Cora: "Are we to be friends then?"
Lady Grantham: "We are allies, my dear, which can be a good deal more effective."

• "I couldn't have electricity in the house, I wouldn't sleep a wink. All those vapors floating about."

• Cora: "I hope I don't hear sounds of a disagreement."
Lady Grantham: "Is that what they call discussion in New York?"

• "No one wants to kiss a girl in black."

• "What is a weekend?"

• "Last night! He looked so well. Of course it would happen to a foreigner. No Englishman would dream of dying in someone else's house."

• Cora: "I might send her over to visit my aunt.She could get to know New York."
Lady Grantham: "Oh, I don't think things are quite that desperate."

• "One can't go to pieces at the death of every foreigner. We'd all be in a constant state of collapse whenever we opened a newspaper."

• Cora: "I hate to go behind Robert's back."
Lady Grantham: "That is a scruple no successful wife can afford."

• Lady Grantham: "Why would you want to go to a real school? You're not a doctor's daughter."
Sybil: "Nobody learns anything from a governess, apart from French and how to curtsy."
Lady Grantham: "What else do you need? Are you thinking of a career in banking?"
Cora: "Things are different in America."
Lady Grantham: "I know. They live in wigwams."

• Doctor: "Mrs. Crawley tells me she has recommended nitrate of silver and tincture of steel."
Lady Grantham: "Why, is she making a suit of armor?"

• Lord Grantham: "We better go in soon or it isn't fair to Mrs. Padmore."
Lady Grantham: "Oh, is her cooking so precisely timed? You couldn't tell."

• Lady Grantham: "You are quite wonderful the way you see room for improvement wherever you look. I never knew such reforming zeal."
Mrs. Crawley: "I take that as a compliment."
Lady Grantham: "I must've said it wrong."

Season 2
  • ‘My, my, you’re very well-placed if you’re ever in trouble with the law.’
  • ‘The truth is neither here nor there. It’s the look of the thing that matters.’
  • ‘Do you think she’s mad, ill, or working for the Russians?’


  • ‘That’s a relief. I hate Greek drama, when everything happens off stage.’
  • ‘Cora’s flowers always look more suited to a First Holy Communion…in southern Italy.’
  • ‘So that’s Mary’s replacement. Well, I suppose looks aren’t everything.’
  • Edith: Why don't I drive you?" to Lady Sybil.
Lady Grantham: "She's taking enough chance with her life as it is."

0 comments:


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.