Bill Maher: Somali pirates, Qaddafi's son, now Bin Laden---do not F&$^ with Obama. He's Gangsta!

Now I'm in a moral quandary. Like the rest of the nation, I was happy to hear that evil Usama was dead. I thought again of the awesomeness of those Navy SEALs. I cracked up at one of The Onion's pretend headlines: Violent Death of Human Being Terrific News for Once. But it does feel very strange to be happy about another person's demise. I read about Mark Twain's quote: "I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure." I'm sure images of Americans celebrating will further fan the flames of anti-Americanism among Muslim extremists.

Perhaps the Catholic Church said it best: "Faced with the death of a man, a Christian never rejoices, but reflects on the serious responsibility of everyone before God and man, and hopes and pledges that every event is not an opportunity for a further growth of hatred, but of peace."

0 comments:


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.