I remember when my friends' kids were very young. I'd be chatting with the parent then they'd hand off the phone to the toddler. I never knew quite what to say. Half the time I had no clue what the kid was babbling about anyway. It was always an uncomfortable moment. Guess what? It doesn't get easier.

One of my closest friends in high school called me up today because her teenage daughter needed to interview someone from New York for a school project. I called her up after I finished filling out the questionnaire, then came the inevitable "Here, talk to Tita." Of course the poor girl could only squeak out a "thank you" to this person she's never met. I feel her pain.

0 comments:


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.