Overheard my dad's conversation with my mom tonight. He told her nalulungkot daw siya kaya siya tumawag. (He was lonely so he called her.) Despite my contentious relationship with my father, I felt so guilty. I feel sorry for him. He has no friends here, no interests or hobbies. His siblings are far away. He's only seeing two of his children. He's far from his wife. Plus his medical problems aren't helping the situation. I have basically taken the position that we can't make other people happy. No matter how much we try. Happiness has to come from within. And that people have to take care of themselves and I can only do so much for them.

I wish him inner peace, light and happiness.

0 comments:


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.