Definitely a lot of tough acts to follow for President Obama, but I wish him well. I grew up under martial law with a president-for-life, so the peaceful transition of power is endlessly fascinating and inspiring to me. The last two U.S. inaugurations I made a point NOT to watch, but today I woke up early (even though I don't have to be at work until this afternoon) to see everything unfold on television. It would have been amazing to be in the nation's capital on a day like this, but like Cecile's friend said, you get a front row seat at your own house. I can feel and share the energy and optimism of these ordinary Americans who are there to witness history unfold, especially coming the day after we celebrated Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday.

Good luck and God bless your presidency Mr. Obama!

0 comments:


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.