Tony Award winner Pattti LuPone


Lynn and I watched the revival of Gypsy last month. Since I saw Patti Lupone in the 2005 Sweeney Todd revival, I've been a big fan. If I could go back in time, I'd love to see her Evita. But her Mama Rose is even more stunning, electrifying, and heart-breaking. My heart skipped a beat when the announcer said at the start of the show that "Patti LuPone has hurt her foot". I might even have let out a gasp of horror. Then he continued: "And she will be wearing Isotoners." We all breathed a sigh of relief.

We got to catch a glimpse of her again at the stagedoor last Saturday after we watched Equus. She was as gracious as ever. Definitely a class act.

0 comments:


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.