PET Scan and MRI: CLEAR! w00t! Past 2 weeks have been nerve-wracking: the fear of the unknown, the uncertainty, the waiting, the what-ifs. I haven't had a good night's sleep. Cindy, my BFF nurse practitioner kept telling me to take 3 more months off from work, so that made me even more worried. Did they see something? Am I going to need 3 months for treatment? What is this lump? Do I have a headache? Oh the paranoia.

But all is well. Thank God, Jesus, the Blessed Mother and all the saints in heaven. It is so true that when the ground shifts or shakes underneath you, you look heavenward.

I don't have to see the doc until December. Staying on the anti-seizure meds; getting weaned off the steroids. Just in time, because I kept telling my sister my face looks fuller. Blaming the 'roids instead of my huge appetite :) One good thing about this whole cancer experience is that I'm eating healthier. Organic fruits and veggies. Also using eco-friendly household items. I'm becoming a nag to my family about toxins and carcinogenic materials. Cancer is a disease of modern living. We have to fight back. Also nagging them about staying positive. Our words, thoughts, our minds are THAT powerful. I couldn't have endured without my meditation and breathing, my yoga. Caroline Myss's writings have also been especially helpful. I thank Everett, a guest at Hope Lodge, for telling me about her.

A special Hollah to a lovely couple we met today at the hospital: Rob and Lisa. Sending you guys positive healing thoughts and energy. I'd love to hear how you're doing. Be well, healthy and stay strong.

1 comments:

  1. Rob said...

    Hi Lani,

    It was great meeting you!

    I'm glad your scan is clear. Lisa had good results as well-the tumor is still shrinking and Dr. R wants to forge ahead with another year of chemo as long as she can handle it.

    Don't be discouraged about taking time off from work-you just need this to recover. Lisa had 2 craniotomies and was out of work for 6 months following each one.

    Feel good for yourself and maybe we will see each other again in December, although we have to go back in October for our next scan.

    -Rob  


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.