I just came back from a mini-holiday, and being in airports reminds me of how much I love this quote from Love Actually: "Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often, it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion... love actually is all around"---Prime Minister

I saw two girls who traveled to Florida by themselves to see their father. To hear them shriek with joy, jump into their father's arms, yelling "Dad, we missed you! We brought you gifts!" made my heart smile.

A little boy waiting for his grandmother to catch up as we boarded the plane. He ran back to make sure she was OK. She reassured him that she'll be alright and that they'll be sitting in the same row.

A grandmother talking to her granddaughter on the phone, telling her how she got to the airport without any problems. It sounded like the granddaughter failed one of her courses, but passed anatomy. She hadn't told her father yet, so the grandma told her she appreciated her honesty with her. And that she'll do fine in school no matter what.

0 comments:


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.