I have a group of friends who are shopaholics, always talking about "retail therapy" and brands I've never heard of. Sometimes, I don't even know how I'm friends with them.

I used to leave home with just my wallet. As I got older, my bags have gotten bigger. Carrying books, water, snacks, medications and any other item I deem necessary. I'm really more into function rather than form. Apparently they decided my black and brown bags weren't cutting it, so they pitched in and got me an early Christmas present. This red bag. Which they want a photo of, proof that I'm using it. Of course, one of them said they're not trying to make me over.

But isn't this the same as saying, "I don't mean to be rude/insulting." or "I hope you don't take this the wrong way."? Am I just ungrateful? Or lacked even more fashion sense than I thought? Or am I just reading too much into it?

C'mon my 2 readers...let me know what you think.

4 comments:

  1. Cecilia said...

    Red bag, I like. Early Christmas gift, I like. Makeover? Perhaps. I'm inclined to say free is free. He he. Important question to consider is: do YOU like the bag? That's what matters.  

  2. Lani said...

    Thanks Ces! It's a nice bag; the color is just so unlike me. As if I'd be drawing attention to myself.  

  3. Cecilia said...

    True that. Well, you know me. I used to own a BIG red bag meself. ;) You should be fine as long as you don't wear an all-red outfit yerself.  

  4. Lynn said...

    Gusto lang naman nila sigurong maging makulay ang buhay mo. Red is a perfectly sound color. Inoffensive. Unless the red is sparkly, shiny, crocodile-like, in which case parang matrona ka na n'on.  


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.